Use of and access to the SeaLead website (www.sea-lead.com) (the “website”) is subject to the terms and conditions below. Unless expressly agreed in writing, SeaLead does not recognize any conflicting terms or conditions.
“SeaLead” or “We” means SeaLead, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
“Website” means the www.sea-lead.com website and other websites owned and operated by SeaLead, and the Content, Marks, and Services available on the website.
“Content” means the information, graphics, products, and features that are available on the website.
“Mark” means trademark, trade name, service mark, trade dress, custom graphics, or icons.
“Services” means the software, applications, and other services that are available on the website.
However, the terms “website”, “Marks”, “Content” and “Services” do not include third parties’ websites, trademarks, service marks, trade names, information, graphics, products, features, software, application or other services that are provided by third parties and that are available through a link from the website. The use of these other items is subject to the terms set forth by their respective owners or operators on the third party websites.
Website use and access
You are prohibited from using the Website for any purpose other than the purposes for which it was created (“Prohibited Uses”).
Prohibited Uses include, but are not limited to, the following:
- use of the Website in a way that violates applicable laws and/or the rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights) of SeaLead or others;
- uploading, transferring and/or disseminating files or information that are capable of damaging or compromising the computer software or hardware of SeaLead or others;
- use of screen scraping and/or data scraping technologies - e.g. to create lists of voyage dates, fare information, Internet keywords, URLs and other information - in a way that circumvents technical safeguards (IP blocks and/or CAPTCHA);
- deployment or attempted deployment of software or other processes that disrupt the proper functioning of the Website or disrupt other activities undertaken in connection with the Website;
- executing a function on the Website in a way that results in disproportionately or uneconomically high loads being placed on the infrastructure of the Website;
- disrupting the Website’s connection to the server and/or to network, or disregarding the requirements, processes, recognized principles and protocols of networks to which the Website is connected;
- disclosing passwords to non-public areas of the Website to unauthorized third parties or using such passwords in an unauthorized manner;
- use of search engines, software, tools, agents or other automated processes, including, without limitation, browsers, spiders, crawlers, searchbots, avatars and intelligent agents, in a way that circumvents technical safeguards (IP blocks and/or CAPTCHA) so as to search and use the website (a) in a manner other than that prescribed by SeaLead or (b) by means other than commonly available browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome);
- attempting to decrypt, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer software that constitutes the Website or parts of the Website;
- displaying content from the Website in the form of frames on other websites;
- collecting or storing personal data pertaining to other users of this Website and/or to employees of SeaLead;
- reproducing, copying, on-selling or otherwise commercially exploiting legally protected content from the Website or parts of it without first obtaining SeaLead’s express permission, especially by trying to circumvent technical safeguards;
- gaining access to data that are not intended for you personally, scanning or testing the vulnerability of the system or network without express permission, or bypassing authentication levels or breaking security protocols without express permission; and
- disrupting or in any way impairing the Website’s connection to the client, host or network using means such as, but not limited to, viruses, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail bombing or crashing
In addition to any other rights it may have under applicable laws, SeaLead reserves the right in its sole discretion to block your access to this Website permanently or temporarily if you engage in any Prohibited Uses.
In addition, SeaLead may, at its sole discretion, (a) remove from the Website any material relating to Prohibited Uses, (b) take legal action against you in order to recover any and all damages (including reputational damages and legal and administrative costs) incurred as a result of Prohibited Uses engaged in by you, (c) require you, where applicable, to sign a legal undertaking to cease and desist from Prohibited Uses, (d) forward to criminal prosecution and other public authorities any information it deems relevant for the due enforcement of applicable laws, and/or (e) take any other action it deems appropriate to mitigate its losses and to safeguard the Website against Prohibited Uses both now and in the future.
Compliance With Laws; Restrictions
- Present false information about SeaLead or its services
- Imply in any fashion that SeaLead is endorsing your products or services
- Use or access the Website in any way that, in SeaLead’s judgment, adversely affects the performance or function of the website, or any other computer systems or networks used by SeaLead, other website users, or SeaLead clients.
- Upload or transmit to the website any information that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs or other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere with, intercept or appropriate any system or the Website, or that infringes the rights of a third party;
- Disguise the origin of information transmitted through the website;
- Place false or misleading information on the website.
All copyright and other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this Website are and will remain the property of SeaLead. You are permitted to download the website or parts of it only for personal use. Excepted from this are specific instances in which we expressly direct or enable you to make commercial use of the Website (e.g. if we direct you to download specific forms or information). All other commercial uses, including duplication, modification and, in particular, dissemination in return for payment (on-selling), are prohibited.
Where we refer via links or hyperlinks to other websites or web pages, we assume no liability or responsibility for the privacy policies or the content of those pages. The links are provided solely for information or advertising purposes and in no way give rise to any legally binding obligations on the part of SeaLead.
No liability for erroneous information
While the information provided via the Website is accurate and correct to the best of SeaLead’s knowledge, it may nevertheless contain errors and inaccuracies. The information is provided “AS IS,” and SeaLead makes no representations and gives no warranties, express or implied, as to its correctness or completeness. SeaLead therefore accepts no liability for any errors or omissions in the information provided via the Website or for any consequences arising from the use of the information provided via the Website. Arrangements contrary to or inconsistent with this exclusion of liability are valid only if they are expressly agreed in writing between SeaLead and yourself or if SeaLead demonstrates a manifest intention to vouch for the correctness of the information.
SeaLead, in its sole discretion, may block, terminate, or suspend your use of the website at any time and for any or no reason in its sole discretion, even if access and use continues to be allowed to others. Upon such termination or suspension, you must immediately discontinue use of the website, and destroy any copy you have made of any portion of the website. Accessing the website after such termination, suspension, or discontinuation shall constitute an act of trespass. SeaLead shall not be liable to you or any third party for such suspension or termination.
The Content and Services are intended for informational purposes only. Although we exercise reasonable efforts to ensure their quality and accuracy, there might be errors, or the information provided may not be complete, current, or applicable to your particular situation. You should not take any action based on the information in this website. The Content and Services are provided without any warranties or representations to their quality, accuracy, completeness, or timeliness. SeaLead assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the Content or Services. SeaLead makes all reasonable attempts to exclude viruses from this website, but cannot ensure that the website is at all times free from viruses or other destructive software. Please take appropriate safeguards before downloading information from this website. SeaLead assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages caused by computer viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property, resulting from use of the website, or downloading of anything from the website.
Disclaimer of warranties
Limitation of damages
Use of this website is at your sole risk. In no event will SeaLead be liable to you or any person or entity claiming through you, for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential damages or other damages arising out of, or resulting from, the use of, or inability to use this website, including, without limitation, lost profits, lost revenues, or damages resulting from lost programs or data, business interruption, or otherwise, whether such liability is based on contract, warranty, tort, or other theory, and whether or not SeaLead has been advised of the possibility of such damages
Limitation of liability
If, notwithstanding the foregoing, SeaLead is found responsible to you, or anyone claiming through you, for any damages, its liability shall be limited to $100 in the aggregate.
You hereby release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless SeaLead and its officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all claims, demands, causes of actions, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of your use of the website.
Applicable law/place of jurisdiction
(As of: September 2022)