Responsible for management and coordination of capacity and allocations, ensuring maximum utilization of vessels based on commercial priorities and optimal customer care. Establish and maintain a highly professional relationship with the various stakeholders within the organization, acting as a liaison between commercial and sales management and operational Line Management.
Main tasks and responsibilities
· “Own” the Daily Booking Report (DBR).
· Constantly (daily) monitor DBR booking and forecast progress in conjunction with the agencies/offices.
· Monitor allocation versus utilization on the vessels – current and future – to ensure booking offices are keeping prospects updated and real.
· Keep Trade Management appraised daily of volatility in loadings/bookings.
· Closely liaise with Line Management in Dubai on vessel loadings and utilisation.
· Closely liaise with Line Management on vessel rotations and changes in same.
· Monitor market and commercial performance of competing comparable liner/ feeder services.
· Evaluate in conjunction with agents, Trade and Sales, ad hoc loaders that may be deployed in the service.
· Keep a close contact with stakeholders (Trade/agents) on rates/contracts/customer performance.
Attend the weekly country meetings to report on DBR performance and lack of same
Key interactions (Internal | External)
Internal: Corporate Users
Bachelors / Masters degree or equivalent, Good computer skills (shipping software, MS Office - Excel)
English – Fluent (required)
Background and experience
· Minimum 5-10 years of maritime experience, preferably within container shipping with main liners or feeder operators.
· Extensive knowledge and understanding of the commercial aspects of capacity management.
· Understanding liner network, slot cost, knowledge of regional ports
Competencies and skills
· Ability to plan and execute; multi-task.
· Capable of handling various operational procedures and systems, and handle large volume of work
· Analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills when under pressure and tight work deadlines
· Self-driven, results-oriented with a proven track record in sales and leadership.