Work area: Trade Management & Pricing Location: Singapore, Employment type: Full time Job ID: 7577
A global shipping line dedicated to improving international trade
At SeaLead, we aim to provide easy and flexible solutions to improve trade across countries, companies and people. We specialise in container shipping and liner services that facilitate the movement of goods in and between emerging markets and major economies.
We initially started by purchasing slots on various main liner operator and feeder services to respond to the demand from NVOCC customers. Since then, we have evolved from a one-vessel operation into a globally-recognised business with a modern fleet, equipped with the latest technologies.
Responsible for coordination of capacity and allocations, ensuring maximum utilization of vessels based on commercial priorities and optimal customer care. Establish and maintain a highly professional relationship with the various stakeholders within the organization, acting as a liaison between commercial and sales management and operational Line Management.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
· Assist the Capacity Manager to run with the Daily Booking Report (DBR).
· Constantly (daily) monitor DBR booking and forecast progress in conjunction with the agencies/offices.
· Monitor allocation versus utilization on the vessels – current and future – to ensure booking offices are keeping prospects updated and real.
· Keep Trade Management appraised daily of volatility in loadings/bookings.
· Closely liaise with Line Management in Dubai on vessel loadings and utilization, vessel rotations and changes thereof.
· Monitor market and commercial performance of comparable competitors / feeders.
· Evaluate in conjunction with agents, Trade and Sales, ad hoc loaders that may be deployed in the service.
· Keep a close contact with stakeholders (Trade/agents) on rates/contracts/customer performance.
· Attend the weekly country meetings to report on DBR performance and lack of same
Background and experience
· Graduate degree or equivalent, Good computer skills (shipping software, SAP, MS Office – Excel)
· Minimum 3-5 years of Liner experience, preferably within container shipping with main liners or feeder operators.
· Extensive knowledge and understanding of the commercial aspects of capacity management.
· Understanding liner network, slot cost, knowledge of regional ports
Competencies and skills
· Ability to plan and execute; multi-task.
· Capable of handling various operational procedures and systems, and handle large volume of work
· Analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills when under pressure and tight work deadlines
· Self-driven, results-oriented with a proven track record.
· English – Fluent (required)
Please fill out the application form below and share your CV.